PhD position in the area of LiFi technology for smart greenhouse
Pervasive Wireless Systems Group
Deadline for receipt of applications: September 29, 2022 23:59 AoE (30 September 2022, 13:59h Europe/Madrid Time)
IMDEA Networks’ Pervasive Wireless System Group headed by Prof. Domenico Giustiniano invites applications for one PhD position in the area of LiFi technology for smart greenhouses. As Internet of Things (IoT) devices are getting miniaturized, new challenges must be addressed to communicate, compute and sense, and battery-free devices and new ways to communicate using light are promising solutions for sustainable agriculture. As a member of the team, the researcher will contribute to the research conducted in the team in sustainable agriculture as part of EU and national projects.
Skills Required for the PhD position:
- We expect an excellent degree in electrical engineering, telecommunication engineering or equivalent disciplines
- Proficiency in English is mandatory
- Solid background in embedded systems and communication
- Hands-on experience with experimental work
For reference, examples of papers published by the group in LiFi technology are:
– M. Mir, B. Genoves, A. Varshney, D. Giustiniano, “PassiveLiFi: Rethinking LiFi for Low-Power and Long Range RF Backscatter”, ACM Mobicom 2021.
– J. Beysens, A. Galisteo, Q. Wang, D. Juara, D. Giustiniano, S. Pollin, “DenseVLC: A Cell-Free Massive MIMO System with Distributed LEDs”, ACM CoNEXT 2018.
– A. Galisteo, Q. Wang, A. Deshpande, M. Zuniga, D. Giustiniano. “Follow that Light: Leveraging LEDs for Relative Two-Dimensional Localization”. ACM CoNEXT, 2017.
– Q. Wang, M. Zuniga, D. Giustiniano. “Passive Communication with Ambient Light”. ACM CoNEXT, 2016.