PostDoc position in LiFi technology for Battery-free networks
Pervasive Wireless Systems Group
Deadline for receipt of applications: 26 February 2021, 14:00h Europe/Madrid Time
IMDEA Networks’ Pervasive Wireless System Group headed by Prof. Domenico Giustiniano invites applications for one PostDoc position in the area of LiFi technology for battery-free networks. As Internet of Things (IoT) devices are getting miniaturized, new challenges must be addressed to communicate, compute and sense, and battery-free devices are a promising solution for sustainable development. As a member of the team, the researcher will investigate the intersection between LiFi and IoT for battery-free communication. The selected candidate will work in a new EU project that aims to design battery-free IoT devices in small-form factors, and help with the supervision of PhD students in the team. See also the work done with the OpenVLC platform.
Skills Required for Postdoc Research position:
- Strong background in wireless systems, embedded systems and communication
- Very good publication record in top academic conferences and journals
- Excellent ability to perform system research, including prototyping and hand-on skills
- Very good analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Interest in mentoring graduate students
- Very good organization and communication skills
For reference, examples of papers published by the group in LiFi technology are:
– A. Galisteo, D. Varshney, D. Giustiniano, “Two to Tango: Hybrid Light and Backscatter Networks for Next Billion Devices”, ACM Mobisys 2020
– J. Beysens, A. Galisteo, Q. Wang, D. Juara, D. Giustiniano, S. Pollin, “DenseVLC: A Cell-Free Massive MIMO System with Distributed LEDs”, ACM CoNEXT 2018.
– A. Galisteo, Q. Wang, A. Deshpande, M. Zuniga, D. Giustiniano. “Follow that Light: Leveraging LEDs for Relative Two-Dimensional Localization”. ACM CoNEXT, 2017.
– Q. Wang, M. Zuniga, D. Giustiniano. “Passive Communication with Ambient Light”. ACM CoNEXT, 2016.