Postdoc position in LiFi technology for Internet of Small Things 
Pervasive Wireless Systems Group
Deadline for receipt of applications: 10 January 2021, 14:00h Europe/Madrid Time
IMDEA Networks Pervasive Wireless System Group headed by Prof. Domenico Giustiniano invites applications for one PostDoc position in the area of LiFi technology for Internet of Small Things. As IoT devices are getting miniaturized, new challenges must be addressed to communicate, compute and sense. As a member of the team, the researchers will investigate LiFi for miniaturized IoT devices. The PostDoc will work in a new EU project that has been just accepted. See also the work done with the OpenVLC platform (www.openvlc.org).
Examples of papers published by the group are:
- A. Galisteo, D. Varshney, D. Giustiniano, “Two to Tango: Hybrid Light and Backscatter Networks for Next Billion Devices”, ACM Mobisys 2020
- J. Beysens, A. Galisteo, Q. Wang, D. Juara, D. Giustiniano, S. Pollin, “DenseVLC: A Cell-Free Massive MIMO System with Distributed LEDs”, ACM CoNEXT 2018.
- A. Galisteo, Q. Wang, A. Deshpande, M. Zuniga, D. Giustiniano. “Follow that Light: Leveraging LEDs for Relative Two-Dimensional Localization”. ACM CoNEXT, 2017.
- Q. Wang, M. Zuniga, D. Giustiniano. “Passive Communication with Ambient Light”. ACM CoNEXT, 2016.
- PhD in computer science, telecommunication engineering, electrical engineering, or a related field
- Experience in experimental research work in the area of wireless networking and embedded systems
- Strong background in wireless systems, embedded systems and communication
- Very good publication record in top academic conferences and journals
- Excellent ability to perform system research, and very good analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Interest in mentoring graduate students
- Very good organization and communication skills
- Proficiency in English is mandatory
Contract Duration & Type
- 24 months, renewable based on performance.
- Full-time contract. Includes social and health benefits.