Dr. Timothy OTIM
- Affiliation: IMDEA Networks Institute
- PhD: PhD in Positioning and Navigation Systems - Universidad de Deusto. Bilbao, Spain
- MSc: MSc in Communication systems - Lund University. Lund, Sweden
- BSc: BSc degree in Telecommunication Engineering - Makerere University. Kampala, Uganda
- Ph.D. Thesis: Side Effects in Ultrawideband Indoor Positioning Systems - Presence of the Human body
- Former position: Post-Doc Researcher at German Aerospace Centre (DLR)
- Joining date: August 2022
Timothy Otim graduated with a BSc degree in Telecommunication Engineering at Makerere University, in Uganda in 2012. Under full scholarship from the Swedish Institute in 2014, he took a hiatus to study for an MSc in Communication systems at Lund University in Sweden and completed his degree in the summer of 2016. In 2020, he completed his PhD within the Mobility Research Group at DeustoTech-Fundación, University of Deusto in Bilbao, Spain.
In 2021, he worked as a Post-Doc Researcher at the German Aerospace Centre (DLR) in Wessling, Germany. Currently, he is working as a Post-Doc Researcher on 5G positioning at IMDEA Networks Institute in Madrid, Spain. His current research interests include, positioning and navigation systems, mobile communications, channel modelling, transportation research, statistical modelling.