System Administrator – Global Computing Group – Networks Data Science Group
Deadline for receipt of applications: May 21, 2022 23:59 AoE (22 May 2022, 13:59h Europe/Madrid Time)
The position offers
- the possibility of developing and honing system administration skills
- a chance to gain experience with high-end compute platforms
- a unique opportunity to work with cutting-edge research experimental platforms
- a vibrant, collaborative, multi-cultural and English-speaking environment
- the prospect to contribute to scientific publications at top-tier venues.
The position requires competences in:
- Linux system administration, including the set up and maintenance of Ubuntu- and Debian-like systems, through bash shell scripting, users account management, resources quotas, firewall configuration, etc.
- Network administration, including switch and router configuration, VLAN management, and knowledge of SSH, DHCP, FTP/SFTP, DNS, NFS, TCP, HTTP/HTTPS.
Other desirable competencies include:
- Big data cluster administration, including Docker, Apache Spark and Hadoop, JupyterHub, Python scripting
- Basic competences in web development with HTML, CSS.
- Administration of HPC clusters and multicore systems.
- Administration of GPU-based Machine Learning platforms.
Duration: 1 year renewable
Number of vacant positions: 1
If necessary choose as supervisor Dr. Antonio FERNANDEZ or Dr. Marco FIORE