System Administrator – Global Computing Group – Networks Data Science Group
Deadline for receipt of applications: December 30, 2022 23:59 AoE (31 December 2022, 13:59h Europe/Madrid Time)
The candidate will work in the Global Computing Group, led by Antonio Fernández and – Networks Data Science Group, led by Marco Fiore.
The position offers
- the possibility of developing and honing system administration skills
- a chance to gain experience with high-end compute platforms
- a unique opportunity to work with cutting-edge research experimental platforms
- a vibrant, collaborative, multi-cultural and English-speaking environment
- the prospect to contribute to scientific publications at top-tier venues.
The position requires competences in:
- Linux system administration, including the set up and maintenance of Ubuntu- and Debian-like systems, through bash shell scripting, users account management, resources quotas, firewall configuration, etc.
- Network administration, including switch and router configuration, VLAN management, and knowledge of SSH, DHCP, FTP/SFTP, DNS, NFS, TCP, HTTP/HTTPS.
Other desirable competencies include:
- Big data cluster administration, including Docker, Apache Spark and Hadoop, JupyterHub, Python scripting
- Basic competences in web development with HTML, CSS.
- Administration of HPC clusters and multicore systems.
- Administration of GPU-based Machine Learning platforms.
Duration: 1 year renewable
Number of vacant positions: 1
If necessary choose as supervisor Dr. Antonio FERNANDEZ or Dr. Marco FIORE
Equal Employment Opportunity
IMDEA Networks Institute aims to increase the proportion of women and therefore qualified female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Until a balanced ratio of men and women has been achieved at the institute, preference will be given to women if applicants have similar qualifications. IMDEA Networks Institute actively promotes diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants are not to be discriminated against in personnel selection procedures on the grounds of gender, ethnicity, religion or ideology, age, sexual orientation (anti-discrimination). People with disabilities who have the relevant qualifications are expressly invited to apply.
This contract will be cofunded by the research project PCI2022-133013 (ECOMOME: ENERGY CONSUMPTION MEASUREMENTS AND OPTIMIZATION IN MOBILE NETWORKS), funded by MCIN/AEI/10.13039/501100011033 and the European Union “NextGenerationEU”/PRTR.
This position was automatically closed on Europe/Madrid Time
- Remember to select the following option:
Research Engineer & Support: [Systems Administrator] [Global Computing Group – Networks Data Science Group] 
- Deadline for receipt of applications: December 30, 2022 23:59 AoE (31 December 2022, 13:59h Europe/Madrid Time)