Senior Research Engineer position in Wireless Networking Group
Wireless Networking Group
Deadline for receipt of applications: 30 July 2021, 14:00h Europe/Madrid Time
IMDEA Networks’ Wireless Networking Group headed by Prof. Joerg Widmer invites applications for a senior research engineer position in the area of mobile networking. The senior research engineer will work on mobile 6G networks, including millimeter-wave networking aspects (large scale deployments, resource allocation, location systems, etc.) and communications (beam forming, coding, interference management, joint communication and radar, etc.). The engineer will be involved in cutting edge experimental work as well as close interaction with PhD students.
For further details about Prof. Widmer’s research activities, visit his publication record.
- Strong background in millimeter-wave networking and/or millimeter-wave communications
- Very good publication record in top academic conferences and journals
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Interest in mentoring graduate students
- Very good organization and communication skills
- MSc in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field
- Experience in building systems and experimental work in the area of wireless networking
Contract Duration and Type
- 12 months, renewable based on performance.
- Full-time contract. Includes social and health benefits.
How To Apply
Candidates should send the following information as .pdf or .doc attachments to Joerg Widmer
Candidates should submit a CV including at least a list of publications, and a summary of both educational and previous work experience, and previous research projects.
Names and email addresses of at least 2 references will be required.