Researcher Position in Cybersecurity
Internet Analytics Group
Deadline for receipt of applications: June 24, 2022 23:59 AoE (25 June 2022, 13:59h Europe/Madrid Time)
IMDEA Network invites applications for a researcher position in the areas of cybersecurity. The selected candidate will become a member of the Internet Analytics Group headed by Dr. Narseo Vallina-Rodriguez.
The candidate will conduct cutting-edge research in the areas of cybersecurity and network measurements. The candidate will collaborate and help Dr. Vallina-Rodriguez in the supervision of PhD students.
The positions offers:
- Working in a collaborative, multi-cultural and English-speaking environment in the vibrant city of Madrid.
- The expectation to publish impactful work at top-tier venues in network measurements (e.g., ACM IMC) and cybersecurity (e.g., USENIX Security Symposium, IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, ACM CCS, NDSS, PETS)
- Making practical and theoretical contributions in the area of cybersecurity and network measurements, with an expectation to make societal, scientific, regulatory and industrial contributions (see prior work of the team)
- The chance of mentoring and co-supervising international PhD students and working with world-class international collaborators.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related areas.
- International mobility.
- Experience in supervising Ms.C. or undergraduate students.
- Good publication record, including papers in top peer-reviewed conferences in the area of cybersecurity or network measurements as leading author.
- Critical thinking
- English proficiency is mandatory
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
Contract Duration and Type:
- 1 year, renewable based on candidate’s performance.
- Competitive salary. Candidate’s experience will be considered.
- Full-time contract. Includes social and health benefits
For questions, contact Dr. Narseo Vallina-Rodriguez by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)