PostDoc position in Networks Data Science Group
Networks Data Science Group
Deadline for receipt of applications: September 29, 2022 23:59 AoE (30 September 2022, 13:59h Europe/Madrid Time)
The Networks Data Science group (http://nds.networks.imdea.org/) at IMDEA Networks Institute has an opening for one Postdoctoral fellow in the area of Network Intelligence, with a starting date in early 2023. The successful candidate will contribute to the ongoing activities of the group on developing and integrating AI solutions in the control and data planes of mobile networks.
The work will involve designing original learning architectures, training and validating these models with substantial measurement traffic data collected in production networks, and implementing the resulting solutions in experimental platforms for prototyping. To this end, the fellow is expected both to carry out independent, hands-on activities, and to coordinate PhD students’ work.
The position offers:
- a unique opportunity to test AI models with large-scale measurement data
- access to experimental platforms for NI solution prototyping
- the possibility of developing or honing PhD student supervising skills
- a vibrant, collaborative, multi-cultural and English-speaking environment
- the prospect to publish at top-tier venues in networking
- the high quality of life of the region of Madrid, Spain, where we are based.
The position requires:
- a PhD in Computer Science or a related field (note that the PhD Degree has to be obtained before the start of the labour contract)
- a solid research record with strong publications in top-tier venues
- fluency in written and spoken English
- enthusiasm for interdisciplinary research
- at least one of the following competences:
- network programming (e.g., hands-on experience with P4 and Tofino switches)
- applied machine learning for ICT (e.g., skills in design and implementation in Keras, PyTorch or Tensorflow of DL architectures for practical CS problems)
- data analysis (e.g., extensive background in knowledge discovery from large datasets using Apache Spark or similar).
Inquiries on the position can be directed to the group head, Dr. Marco Fiore, via email at email@example.com.
Candidates shall submit a CV with a complete list of publications, a brief research statement, and the contact details of two referees through the IMDEA Networks hiring portal (https://careers.networks.imdea.org/), for the position: Post-Doc: [Post-Doc Researcher] [Networks Data Science Group] .
Equal Employment Opportunity
IMDEA Networks Institute aims to increase the proportion of women and therefore qualified female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Until a balanced ratio of men and women has been achieved at the institute, preference will be given to women if applicants have similar qualifications. IMDEA Networks Institute actively promotes diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants are not to be discriminated against in personnel selection procedures on the grounds of gender, ethnicity, religion or ideology, age, sexual orientation (anti-discrimination). People with disabilities who have the relevant qualifications are expressly invited to apply.
This position will be cofounded by the project AEON, subproject AEON-ZERO with reference TSI-063000-2021-52, funded by the European Union-NextGenerationEU through the Spanish Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan; which was awarded under Royal Decree 1040/2021 (call UNICO 5G I+D, year 2021).