PhD Student in edge/cloud design, modeling and integration in intelligent cellular networks
Opportunistic Architectures Lab
Deadline for receipt of applications: 15 January 2022, 14:00h Europe/Madrid Time
The IMDEA Networks’ Opportunistic Architectures Lab lead by prof. Vincenzo Mancuso and Marco Ajmone Marsan invite applications for multiple PhD positions in the area of design, modeling, performance evaluation and system integration of edge and cloud computing in the contest of beyond-5G intelligent cellular networks and associated services.
As a member of the team, the PhD student will be involved in cutting-edge research, will participate in the national and international research projects with academic and industrial partners, and will perform analytical and experimental work with other team members and international collaborators.
The position offers
- Working in a vibrant, collaborative, multi-cultural and
- English-speaking environment
- The expectation to publish at top-tier venues in networking
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Very good knowledge of network protocols and architectures, and
- associated methodologies for data analytics
- Very good organization and communication skills
- High proficiency in programming and English
Bsc or Msc in computer science, telecommunication engineering, electrical engineering, or a related field
Experience in developing analytical models and/or tools for statistical analysis of data Experience in developing machine learning applications
Este contrato está financiado a través del Proyecto TAPIR-CM (S2018/TCS-4496) de la convocatoria de ayudas para la realización de Programas de I+D de Tecnologías 2018 de la Comunidad de Madrid. Este contrato está cofinanciado en un 50 % por el Fondo Social Europeo para el período de programación2014-2020”.