PhD positions in Modelling, Decision Making, and Learning in Edge Networks
Edge Networks Group
Deadline for receipt of applications: 08 June 2021, 14:00h Europe/Madrid Time
Successful candidate will work on the design of edge networked systems to support novel applications from the Cyber-Physical Systems and the Internet of Things. Subtopics of interest include (but not limited to), Age of Information, Learning at the Edge, and Computation Offloading for fast ML inference.
What we offer
- International workplace with the oppotunity of collaborating with top research groups at the institute and elsewhere
- The prospect to publish at top-tier venues in networking/related fields
- Help with moving to Spain and settling at IMDEA
- Competitive salary package
Masters or Bachelors in computer science, communication engineering, electrical engineering, or a related field with a solid academic record.
- Strong mathematical/analytical skills with a background in at least one of the following subjects: Probability and Random Processes, Design and Ananlysis of Algorithms, Convex Optimization, and Machine Learning.
- Programming skills in at least one language. Hands on experience with system implementation is an added plus.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
The selected student will be supervised by Dr. Jaya Prakash Varma CHAMPATI