PhD positions in experimental AI for networks
Networks Data Science Group
Deadline for receipt of applications: 15 January 2022, 14:00h Europe/Madrid Time
The Networks Data Science group at IMDEA Networks Institute has an opening for up to two PhD students in the area of Network Intelligence (NI). The successful candidate(s) will contribute to ongoing activities of the group, by investigating the design of practical AI models that support mobile network functionalities, and their integration in a cutting-edge experimental research testbed.
The position offers
- Hands-on training in advanced design of machine learning and AI models
- Hands-on training in applying AI models in practical network environments
- A unique opportunity to test AI models with large-scale measurement data
- Access to a high-end experimental platform for NI solution prototyping
- A vibrant, collaborative, multi-cultural and English-speaking environment
- The prospect to publish at top-tier venues in networking.
The position requires
- A degree in Computer Science or related field, with a solid academic record
- Excellent programming skills
- A strong interest in experimental systems
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Enthusiasm for interdisciplinary research.
Inquiries on the position can be directed to the group head, Dr. Marco Fiore, via email at email@example.com.
Candidates shall submit by the call deadline a CV, a motivation letter, and two reference letters through the IMDEA Networks Institute hiring portal.