MSc Internship Positions in Distributed Spectrum Monitoring Systems
Pervasive Wireless Systems Group
The Pervasive Wireless Systems Research Group led by Dr. Domenico Giustiniano invites applications for MSc internship positions available in the area of Distributed Spectrum Monitoring Systems using the Electrosense network. The Electrosense network is a crowd-sourcing initiative to collect and analyse spectrum data. It uses small radio sensors based on cheap commodity hardware and offers aggregated spectrum information over an open API. The initiative’s goal is to sense the entire spectrum in populated regions of the world and to make the data available in real-time for different kinds of stakeholders which require a deeper knowledge of the actual spectrum usage.
- Enrollment in MSc degree in electrical engineering, telecommunication engineering or equivalent disciplines
- Proficiency in English is mandatory
- Solid background in wireless networks and embedded systems
- Hands-on experience with experimental work
- Preference will be given to candidate with knowledge of C/C++, Linux scripting