P=NP, the million dollar problem. An efficient algorithm to solve all mathematical problems?
Rafael García Leiva, Research Engineer, IMDEA Networks Institute, Madrid, Spain
Mathematical problems pose different levels of complexity, but would it be possible to find an efficient algorithm to solve them all? IMDEA Networks participates in Madrid’s Science and Innovation Week 2018 with an event aimed at a child/youth audience consisting of two parts:
- An enjoyable talk on the problem P=NP, considered one of today’s most difficult mathematical and computing challenges. It is one of the so-called “problems of the millennium”, those whose solution is rewarded with one million US dollars. In this talk we will analyze what the problem is, why it is important and how we could try to solve it ourselves and get rich if we succeed!
- A workshop about algorithms, where we will have the opportunity to solve many fun puzzles, as well as learn how computers solve this type of problems. We will also be able to write our own computer programs.
- Location: MR-1S1 [Torres] & MR-1S3 [Quevedo], IMDEA Networks Institute, Avda. del Mar Mediterráneo 22, 28918 Leganés – Madrid
- Organization: IFEMA, Feria de Madrid, as part of the "AULA" initiative of the "SEMANA DE LA EDUCACIÓN" (Education Week); IMDEA Networks Institute
- Time: 12:00 pm
- Add to Calendar: iCalendar Outlook Google