On the occasion of the Day of Women and Girls in Science, IMDEA Networks has organized an event in which, through a dialogue, the attendees will be able to learn in detail about the professional and personal experiences of the participating researchers. Their examples will serve to motivate the participants to pursue scientific careers and inspire new generations to build a more equitable society. In addition, we would reflect on the obstacles faced by women researchers and whether the context is currently improving, trends among students’ choices in STEM careers and measures that are being taken by universities and research centers to promote gender equality in science.
- Livia Elena Chatzieleftheriou, Post-Doc Researcher at IMDEA Networks and UC3M
- Dayrene Frómeta, PhD Student at IMDEA Networks and UC3M
- Prudence Wong, Professor at the University of Liverpool
- Rosa Elvira Lillo, Director of IBiDat – Big Data Institute (UC3M-Santander)
- María Serna, Professor at UPC (Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya)
Moderator: Marta Dorado, Communication Manager at IMDEA Networks