5th IMDEA Networks Annual International Workshop: Networked Reliable Systems
Dejan Kostić, IMDEA Networks; Amund Kvalbein, Simula; Jon Crowcroft, Cambridge Univ.; Edward Knightly, Rice Univ.; Matthias Hollick, TU Darmstadt; Pedro A. Aranda Gutiérrez, Telefonica I+D; Philip Brighten Godfrey, Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Major Event (Highlighted Event)
Institute IMDEA Networks annually holds a by-invitation-only thematic workshop in Madrid. The workshop accompanies a meeting of our Scientific Council comprised of prominent researchers. In addition to talks by Scientific Council members, the workshop includes invited talks by external experts in the research theme of the workshop. The goal of the 2013 event is to foster discussion on a critical aspect of research in networking: ‘Reliable Networked Systems’. The workshop will be held on June 5th at University Carlos III of Madrid.
As computing resources start to become abundant, it is prudent to invest some of them in making the key networking infrastructure more reliable. Our workshop will broadly explore this issue of reliability. Software defined networking exemplifies this trend, where we are beginning to see techniques from the software verification field be applied to making the OpenFlow networks more reliable. In recent years we have seen examples of how an extreme climate can impact network resilience. Hurricanes ripping through coastal areas have raised the alarm on the insufficient resilience of communication networks when they are truly needed.
Thus, the workshop program is aimed at presenting recent research results from participants, as well as exploring new paths for increasing network reliability in an interconnected society that relies on networked systems to provide pervasive, ubiquitous communications.
Please note: Attendance is by invitation only
Members of IMDEA Networks’ Scientific Council and invitees:
- Pedro André ARANDA GUTIÉRREZ (Telefonica I+D – GCTO Unit, Spain)
- Jon CROWCROFT (University of Cambridge, UK)
- Philip Brighten GODFREY (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA)
- Matthias HOLLICK (TU Darmstadt, Germany)
- Edward KNIGHTLY (Rice University, USA)
- Amund KVALBEIN (Simula, Norway)
- Dejan KOSTIĆ (Institute IMDEA Networks, Spain)
- Location: “Sala de Juntas” 3.3.B01 - Edificio Rey Pastor (Biblioteca), Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Avda. Universidad, 30, 28911 Leganés – Madrid
- Organization: IMDEA Networks Institute
- Time: 10:30 am