Systems Administrator on Experimental platform of an end-to-end integrated system
Wireless Networking Group
Deadline for receipt of applications: February 21, 2023 23:59 AoE (22 February 2023, 13:59h Europe/Madrid Time)
The candidate will work in the Wireless Networking Group, led by Joerg Widmer. WNG conducts research on all aspects of wireless communications and networking. We specifically focus on test bench experimentation in addition to analysis and simulation.
- Full time contract
- Competitive salary
- Reconciliation of personal and work life.
- A unique opportunity to work with cutting-edge research experimental platforms and contribute to scientific publications in top-tier venues.
- IMDEA Networks promotes a tolerant, diverse and creative work environment that is respectful of all people as well as Gender Equality.
- High level of English (English will be the working language)
- Degree / Master in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Electronics, Telecommunications or equivalent.
- Excellent understanding of the fundamentals of wireless communications systems.
- Advanced knowledge of electronics: PLLs, serial type interfaces (UART, SPI), power amplifiers, etc.
- Fluent handling of HDL (VHDL, Verilog) and embedded processors (ARM).
- Coding skills using Matlab, C/C++, Python.
- Design, use and improvement of experimental platforms for wireless systems based on FPGA.
- Planning and execution of measurement campaigns and experiments using different commercial equipment and designed in the laboratory.
- Verification of wireless systems using oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
IMDEA Networks Institute aims to increase the proportion of women and therefore qualified female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Until a balanced ratio of men and women has been achieved at the institute, preference will be given to women if applicants have similar qualifications. IMDEA Networks Institute actively promotes diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants are not to be discriminated against in personnel selection procedures on the grounds of gender, ethnicity, religion or ideology, age, sexual orientation (anti-discrimination). People with disabilities who have the relevant qualifications are expressly invited to apply.
This position was automatically closed on Europe/Madrid Time
- Remember to select the following option:
Research Engineer & Support: [Systems Administrator] [Experimental platform of an end-to-end integrated system - Wireless Networking Group] 
- Deadline for receipt of applications: February 21, 2023 23:59 AoE (22 February 2023, 13:59h Europe/Madrid Time)
- If necessary choose as supervisor Joerg WIDMER