Systems Administrator (5TONIC Laboratory)
Deadline for receipt of applications: 24 September 2021, 14:00h Europe/Madrid Time
The IMDEA Networks 5TONIC Laboratory (www.5tonic.org) is looking to hire a Systems Administrator.
5TONIC was initiated by Telefonica and IMDEA Networks Institute with a clear vision to create an open research and innovation ecosystem laboratory in which industry and academia come together to boost technology and business innovative ventures.
The laboratory promotes joint project development, joint entrepreneurial ventures, discussion fora, events and conference sites, all in an international environment of the highest impact. 5TONIC will show the capabilities and interoperation of 5G equipment, services and applications, by leading global companies in the 5G arena. 5TONIC welcomes new members to join and gain from the benefits of an advanced research and innovation laboratory, oriented to research, debate, field-testing and demonstration of all technologies and equipment to support 5G communications, services and applications.
Design and management of the lab infrastructure. Support to the deployment of new equipment in the lab: network elements, servers, transport infrastructure, etc. Configuration of 5G devices (smartphones, routers).
Administration of servers and virtualization platforms; backup solutions; storage systems; perimetral security solutions; remote access platforms; communications infrastructure (switching, VLAN, VPN); LDAP; high availability plans.
Support to the maintenance of the lab agenda. Support to the maintenance of the 5TONIC website.
The candidate must have an Engineering degree in Computer Science, Telematics Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering. A Master’s degree would be a plus.
The candidate must be knowledgeable in English and Spanish
The applicant should have a minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Programming: Shell scripting: bash, desirable Python,.
- Network services: HTTP (Apache, Nginx, Tomcat and reverse proxies configuration), SSH (Open SSH), DHCP, LDAP (OpenLDAP), VPN (OpenVPN), FTP (Proftpd and Webdav), Client-server architecture knowledge, NFS, SMTP (Postfix)
- DevOPS skills: CMS (Configuration Management Systems): Puppet and/or Ansible; VCS (Version Control Systems): SVN and Git
- Virtualization: KVM. Desirable: XEN, VMWare
- SDN: Software-defined networking would be desirable.
- Monitoring: Nagios, SNMP (network switches)
- Security: SSL/TLS (Firewalls: Network level (iptables) and application level (mod security)), SSL certificates. Desirable skills: IDS, forensic tools, security best practices, and Incidence response
- Network equipment configuration: Switches and routers (NAT, DNAT, VLANs), and Wireless access points.
- Applications: ticketing systems, Wikies. Drupal, Document Management Systems desirable.
- Protocol analysis: Ethereal, Tcpdump, Wireshark
- Help-desk support to users
- Testbed management and proof-of-concept/demo skills (e.g., GUIs and supporting applications)
- Knowledge of mobile networks architecture and protocols desirable: RLC, PDCP, RRC, S1, X2, IP, UDP, TCP, HTTP protocols