Research engineer in advanced optical network and virtualization technologies
Deadline for receipt of applications: December 16, 2022 23:59 AoE (17 December 2022, 13:59h Europe/Madrid Time)
The candidate will work on advanced optical network and virtualization technologies, with industry collaboration and involved in the the following topics and tasks:
The position offers:
- Design an OpenSource SDN controller for an optical virtual network.
- Advanced network architectures
- Open Terminals configuration using Netconf/Yang/OpenConfig
- Network slicing, virtualization and orchestration technologies
- Open Source Optical Slice Controller development within ETSI TeraFlow SDN OSG
- Degree in electrical engineering, telecommunication engineering, telematics engineering, or equivalent disciplines
- Experience in Python programming
- Background in networking, optical technologies (DWDM, optical SDN)
- Proficiency in English
- High motivation to work in a cooperative environment.
- High motivation to conduct a master thesis in the area of optical networking
Equal Employment Opportunity:
IMDEA Networks Institute aims to increase the proportion of women and therefore qualified female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Until a balanced ratio of men and women has been achieved at the institute, preference will be given to women if applicants have similar qualifications. IMDEA Networks Institute actively promotes diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants are not to be discriminated against in personnel selection procedures on the grounds of gender, ethnicity, religion or ideology, age, sexual orientation (anti-discrimination). People with disabilities who have the relevant qualifications are expressly invited to apply.
This position was automatically closed on Europe/Madrid Time
- Remember to select the following option:
Research Engineer & Support: [Research Engineer] [NETCOM Lab] 
- Deadline for receipt of applications: December 16, 2022 23:59 AoE (17 December 2022, 13:59h Europe/Madrid Time)
- If necessary choose as supervisor Albert BANCHS