Postdoctoral fellowship in Network Intelligence
Networks Data Science Group
Deadline for receipt of applications: 10 December 2020, 14:00h Europe/Madrid Time
The Networks Data Science group at IMDEA Networks Institute has an opening for one Postdoctoral fellow in the area of Network Intelligence, with a starting date in early 2021. The successful candidate will contribute to the ongoing activities of the group on developing and integrating AI solutions in the control and data planes of mobile networks.
The work will involve designing original learning architectures, training and validating these models with substantial measurement traffic data collected in production networks, and implementing the resulting solutions in experimental platforms for prototyping. To this end, the fellow is expected both to carry out independent, hands-on activities, and to coordinate PhD students’ work.
The position offers:
- A unique opportunity to test AI models with large-scale measurement data
- Access to an experimental platform for NI solution prototyping
- The possibility of developing or honing PhD student supervising skills
- A vibrant, collaborative, multi-cultural and English-speaking environment
- The prospect to publish at top-tier venues in networking.
The position requires:
- A PhD in Computer Science or relevant field obtained by the joining date
- Proven competences in programmable networks (e.g., hands-on experience with P4) and/or applied machine learning for ICT (e.g., skills in the design and PyTorch/Keras implementation of DNN architectures to solve practical problems in computer science)
- A solid research record with strong publications in top-tier venues
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Enthusiasm for interdisciplinary research.
Past experience with big data platforms (e.g., Apache Spark) is a plus.
Inquiries on the position can be directed to the group head, Dr. Marco Fiore, via email at email@example.com.
Candidates shall submit a CV with a complete list of publications, a brief research statement, and the contact details of two referees through the IMDEA Networks hiring portal, for the position: Post-Doc: [Post-Doc Researcher] [Networks Data Science Group] 
Applications received by December 10, 2020 will be given full consideration.