Postdoc Researcher/Research Engineer position in CoronaSurveys Project
Global Computing Group
Deadline for receipt of applications: 28 February 2021, 14:00h Europe/Madrid Time
The IMDEA Networks Institute in Madrid, Spain is recruiting a Researcher to work on the collection and processing of COVID-19 data in the context of the CoronaSurveys Project. The position can be configured as a Research Engineer or as a Postdoc, in case the applicant holds a PhD degree.
In this position you will help in the analysis of the COVID-19 data available, in the production of new data via surveys, in the design of algorithms to predict the pandemic evolution, in proposing measures to contain the spread of the pandemic, etc. You will be working in this with leading researchers in an international working environment.
- MS and/or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Telecommunication Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related disciplines (students close to completion will also be considered)
- Strong background in programming and algorithm design
- Strong background on data analysis
- Ability to develop solid code and debug complex systems
- Knowledge of web development
- Strongly motivated, with a desire to contribute, experiment, and explore
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Skills considered as a plus include:
- Background in machine learning algorithms, including deep learning
- Background in big data technologies
- Background in software integration
- Knowledge of epidemic models in any context (public health, complex systems, network science, etc.)
- Experience in research
We offer: initial contract of six months, renewable upon performance and availability of funds.
Starting date: As soon as possible.