PostDoc Position in Global Computing Group
Global Computing Group
Deadline for receipt of applications: December 30, 2022 23:59 AoE (31 December 2022, 13:59h Europe/Madrid Time)
The candidate will work in the Global Computing Group, led by Antonio Fernández Anta.
The Global Computing Group explores distributed computing systems and social networks in the widest sense. Among others it has the following lines of research: (i) research on volunteer and crowd-based computing, with emphasis on game-theoretic aspects; (ii) research on techniques for energy efficiency in networks and data centers; (iii) analysis of online social networks using big data, machine learning, and natural language processing technologies.
- The candidate must be able to conduct independent research in the areas of statistics, machine learning, and data analysis. This must be shown with a solid research publication record.
- The candidate must be proficient in supervising programming, and system design and development.
- The candidate must be able to supervise students in their research, and engineers and interns in their developments.
- The candidate must be able to help in writing grant proposals.
- The candidate must be proficient in presenting the research and engineering results to wide audiences.
- PhD in statistics, computer science, mathematics, or a related field.
- Experience in performing high-level research, and publishing the results of this research in high-impact high-visibility conferences and journals.
- In particular, experience in the areas most related to the call wil be valued.
- Experience in raising and handling research funding (writing grant proposals and managing funded projects).
- Experience in supervising researchers and engineers. Experience in designing, developing and deploying computing systems.
- This contract is part of the project SocialProbing: “Scalable and Cost Competitive Data Collection and Analysis Techniques for Social Probing” funded by MCIN/AEI/10.13039/501100011033 and by the European Union “NextGeneration EU”/PRTR”
Equal Employment Opportunity:
IMDEA Networks Institute aims to increase the proportion of women and therefore qualified female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Until a balanced ratio of men and women has been achieved at the institute, preference will be given to women if applicants have similar qualifications. IMDEA Networks Institute actively promotes diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants are not to be discriminated against in personnel selection procedures on the grounds of gender, ethnicity, religion or ideology, age, sexual orientation (anti-discrimination). People with disabilities who have the relevant qualifications are expressly invited to apply.
This position was automatically closed on Europe/Madrid Time
- Remember to select the following option:
Post-Doc: [Post-Doc Researcher] [Global Computing Group ] 
- Deadline for receipt of applications: December 30, 2022 23:59 AoE (31 December 2022, 13:59h Europe/Madrid Time)
- If necessary choose as supervisor Antonio FERNÁNDEZ ANTA