PostDoc position in AEON-CPS
Opportunistic Architectures Lab
Deadline for receipt of applications: April 30, 2022 23:59 AoE (01 May 2022, 13:59h Europe/Madrid Time)
The candidate will work in the OppArch Lab, led by Vincenzo Mancuso, in the frame of the AEON-CPS project of the Spanish Ministry of Economic Affairs and Digital Transformation (MINECO), for the evaluation and optimization of cellular network architectures meant to support cyber-physical systems.
The members of the OppArch Lab focus on solutions for extremely high-performing and intelligent architectures for access and edge segments of cellular networks and for infrastructure-less wireless services.
- The candidate post-doc must be expert in modeling and performance evaluation, network protocols of the TCP/IP stack, and radio access technologies and protocols; he/she must also be knowledgeable of machine learning and data-driven analysis, and skilled with data collection tools needed to gather experimental data from network experiments
- PhD in computer science, telecommunication engineering, electrical engineering, or a related field
List of Tasks and Responsibilities
- The researcher will work in collaboration with researchers and students of the IMDEA Networks Institute, perform experimental research and develop cutting edge methods, based on modeling, data analysis and optimization of communications protocols and access/edge compute systems applied to the control and support of cyber-physical systems.
Contract Duration & Type
- Contract duration: 1 year, renewable on a yearly basis based on performace and funds availability.
- The expected incorporation date: April 2022
This contract can be cofounded by project AEON-CPS TSI-063000-2021-38, awarded by the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Digital Transformation under Royal Decree 1040/2021 for the granting of funds to public research centers and foundations and Spanish public universities to carry out innovative projects in the deployment of advanced 5G and 6G technologies, which is funded by the European Union-NextGenerationEU through the Spanish Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan.
This position was automatically closed on Europe/Madrid Time
- Remember to select the following option:
Post-Doc: [Post-Doc Researcher] [AEON-CPS] 
- Deadline for receipt of applications: April 30, 2022 23:59 AoE (01 May 2022, 13:59h Europe/Madrid Time)
- If necessary choose as supervisor Vincenzo MANCUSO