PhD student position in Cybersecurity
Internet Analytics Group
Deadline for receipt of applications: September 29, 2022 23:59 AoE (30 September 2022, 13:59h Europe/Madrid Time)
IMDEA Networks Institute invites applications for a Ph.D position in the area of cybersecurity. The selected candidate will become a member of the Internet Analytics Group headed by Dr. Narseo Vallina-Rodriguez.
The candidate will conduct cutting-edge research in the areas of cybersecurity and network measurements, with a focus on IoT privacy and security or mobile privacy and security.
The positions offers:
- Working in a collaborative, multi-cultural and English-speaking environment in the vibrant city of Madrid.
- The expectation to publish impactful work at top-tier venues in network measurements (e.g., ACM IMC) and cybersecurity (e.g., USENIX Security Symposium, IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, ACM CCS, NDSS, PETS)
- Making practical and theoretical contributions in the area of cybersecurity and network measurements, with an expectation to make societal, scientific, regulatory and industrial contributions (see prior work of the team)
- Ms.C. in Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering or related areas.
- Critical thinking
- Good knowledge in any of the following domains: computer systems, networking, cibersecurity or software engineering.
- English proficiency is mandatory
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
Contract Duration and Type:
- Up to 4 years.
- Competitive salary. Candidate’s experience will be considered.
- Full-time contract. Includes social and health benefits
IMDEA Networks is an equal employer, and explicitly encourages qualified female candidates to apply. Candidates shall submit by the call deadline, a CV, motivation letter, and two reference letters through the IMDEA Networks Institute hiring portal, at https://careers.networks.imdea.org/.
This position could be totally or partially funded by the Horizon Europe H2020 project TRUSTAWARE “Enhancing Digital Security, Privacy and TRUST in softWARE”, under Grant Agreement 101021377.
This position was automatically closed on Europe/Madrid Time
- Remember to select the following option:
PhD: PhD Student positions 
- Deadline for receipt of applications: September 29, 2022 23:59 AoE (30 September 2022, 13:59h Europe/Madrid Time)
- If necessary choose as supervisor Narseo VALLINA-RODRÍGUEZ