PhD position on Millimeter-Wave Communications in EU H2020 ITN project
Wireless Networking Group
Deadline for receipt of applications: 06 December 2020, 14:00h Europe/Madrid Time
The EU H2020 MSCA Innovative Training Network MINTS (https://b5g-mints.eu/) offers a PhD position in the area of millimeter-wave communications. The position focuses on efficient millimeter-wave channel estimation and beam training (ESR1) and is with the IMDEA Networks Institute, Spain.
The position offers:
- Work in a team of excellent millimeter-wave researchers
- A unique opportunity to work with cutting-edge millimeter-wave testbeds
- Fully funded long-term visiting periods in the R&D departments of leading companies in that area, NEC (Germany) and Pharrowtech (Belgium)
- The prospect to publish at top-tier venues in wireless communications and networking.
The position requires:
- A degree in Computer Science or related field, with a solid academic record
- Strong programming skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Enthusiasm for interdisciplinary research
- Previous experience in wireless networking and testbeds (not mandatory, but highly appreciated).
The position is funded by the Marie-Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network “MINTS – MIllimeter-wave NeTworking and Sensing for Beyond 5G” (https://b5g-mints.eu/), within the Horizon 2020 Programme of the European Commission. The recruitment process and hiring conditions will follow MSCA-ITN applicable criteria. For questions about the position please contact Dr. Joerg Widmer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The PhD student will be supervised by Dr. Joerg Widmer. Candidates shall submit by the call deadline a CV, a motivation letter, and two reference letters through the IMDEA Networks hiring portal, at https://careers.networks.imdea.org/. Contact the supervisor at email@example.com for questions about this position.