PhD Position in mobile/IoT privacy and security
Internet Analytics Group
Deadline for receipt of applications: 15 January 2022, 14:00h Europe/Madrid Time
The Internet Analytics Group (IAG) headed by Dr. Narseo VALLINA-RODRÍGUEZ invites applicants for a fully funded PhD position.
At IAG, we conduct impactful and exciting research in the areas of privacy and security, regulatory compliance (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, COPPA), and network measurements. Our primary goal is to study the Internet and modern software as a first step towards making it a better and safer place for everyone. We are passionate about doing research as we are driven by our own curiosity as technology users.
Our studies have real-world impact. Our work has been featured in international media outlets (e.g., New York Times, The Guardian, Financial Times, WSJ, and many others) and has influenced several regulatory actions against abusive developers and tracking services, and discovering several security and privacy vulnerabilities present in major mobile operating systems such as Android or the Linux kernel. As a member of the group, the candidate will also have the opportunity to collaborate with top researchers from all over the world in a multi-disciplinary and international environment.
Candidates can contact Prof. Vallina-Rodriguez by email for additional information.
- BSc or MSc in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, software engineering, or a related field.
- Interest in making the Internet a safer and better place.
- Good development skills (you might need to build innovative systems for getting empirical data!)
- Experience in network measurements or software analysis are a plus.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and problem solving skills.
- Very good organization and communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
The selected student will be supervised by Dr. Narseo VALLINA-RODRÍGUEZ