PhD position in LiFi technology for Battery-free networks
Pervasive Wireless Systems Group
Deadline for receipt of applications: 10 March 2021, 14:00h Europe/Madrid Time
IMDEA Networks’ Pervasive Wireless System Group headed by Prof. Domenico Giustiniano invites applications for one PhD position in the area of LiFi technology for battery-free networks. As Internet of Things (IoT) devices are getting miniaturized, new challenges must be addressed to communicate, compute and sense, and battery-free devices are a promising solution for sustainable development.
As a member of the team, the researcher will contribute to the research conducted in the team at the intersection between LiFi and IoT for battery-free communication. The selected candidate will work in a new EU project that aims to design battery-free IoT devices in small-form factors for precision agriculture (SOMIRO).
Skills Required for the PhD position:
- We expect an excellent degree in electrical engineering, telecommunication engineering or equivalent disciplines
- Proficiency in English is mandatory
- Solid background in embedded systems and communication
- Hands-on experience with experimental work
For reference, examples of papers published by the group in LiFi technology are:
– A. Galisteo, D. Varshney, D. Giustiniano, “Two to Tango: Hybrid Light and Backscatter Networks for Next Billion Devices”, ACM Mobisys 2020
– J. Beysens, A. Galisteo, Q. Wang, D. Juara, D. Giustiniano, S. Pollin, “DenseVLC: A Cell-Free Massive MIMO System with Distributed LEDs”, ACM CoNEXT 2018.
– A. Galisteo, Q. Wang, A. Deshpande, M. Zuniga, D. Giustiniano. “Follow that Light: Leveraging LEDs for Relative Two-Dimensional Localization”. ACM CoNEXT, 2017.
– Q. Wang, M. Zuniga, D. Giustiniano. “Passive Communication with Ambient Light”. ACM CoNEXT, 2016.