- Affiliation: IMDEA Networks Institute, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (U3CM)
- MSc: Telecommunication Engineering - Universidad Politécnica of Madrid. Madrid, Spain
- MSc: Applied Economics - UNED
- PhD Candidate: Towards a Human Centric Data Economy
- Former position: Principal Consultant. Axon Consulting. Madrid. Spain
- Joining date: September 2019
Santiago is PhD researcher at IMDEA Networks Institute working on Human Centric Data Economy project within the Data Transparency Group. Before joining IMDEA, he worked as principal consultant in Axon Consulting, as Senior Manager in Deloitte and as Project Manager in Telefónica I+D.
He has a wide experience in business consulting in the telecom sector with relevant projects within the fields of regulation & public policy, cost models and profitability analysis, strategy & operations (towards the digital telco), network trends, innovation & techno-economic analysis. He has worked for key telecom operators and regulatory bodies of more than 20 countries in Europe, Latin America and the Middle East regions.
Santiago received his MSc Telecom Engineer from Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (Spain) in 2001 and a Master of Arts in Economics by Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED) in 2012.