Research Assistant Professor-2020
Deadline for receipt of applications: 10 January 2021, 23:59h UTC-12 (11 January 2021, 12:59h Europe/Madrid Time)
Our Research Assistant Professors* are rising star researchers at the beginning of their research career, who want to establish a strong research group based on their research vision. They should be capable of building, funding and leading their own research team of postdocs, PhD students, engineers and support. Research Assistant Professors are not required to teach and can focus full-time on research if they so wish.
* USA academic equivalents: Assistant Professor – tenure track.
All areas of networking, specifically network protocols and systems, wireless networking, network measurements and analytics, and related network science areas.
As Research Assistant Professor your responsibilities are
- Conducting cutting-edge scientific research in computer networking and network science
- Publishing regularly in leading conferences and journals
- Building and funding a strong team of at least four researchers, including PhD Students, postdocs, and other staff, directing their work, and supervising the PhD Students in their PhD program
- Identifying and taking the lead or providing support in preparing proposals for funded research projects, contracts and grants
- Creating value by developing transferable IPR (patents, software, …) and collaborating in standards bodies
- Managing your own research budget, which includes a basic research budget provided by the Institute, plus the funds that the Research Assistant Professor attracts for his/her research and for the Institute
- Attending conferences, establishing research collaborations, giving talks and seminars, hosting visitors, etc.
Scientists applying for this position have the following attributes
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, with significant research experience in the area of networking
- A number of high quality publications
- Usually around one or two years of post-doctoral experience at a top research institution
- Strong will to establish yourself as a reputed researcher in your field
- We particularly value systems oriented research
- High level of proficiency in both written and spoken English (please note: Spanish is not required)
IMDEA Networks Institute offers
- The opportunity to work with colleagues of world-class standing
- First-class research laboratories and facilities
- A personal research budget, which covers basic research costs and allows you to hire PhD students from the first day
- The possibility to personally manage the funds attracted by submitting project proposals and research agreements with external entities
- Internationally-competitive salaries and relocation packages
- A share of IPR revenues arising from your work here
- Full support to transfer your results to industry or to start-up your own company
- The unrivalled quality of life to be enjoyed in the Madrid region
Equal Employment Opportunity
IMDEA Networks Institute aims to increase the proportion of women and therefore qualified female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Until a balanced ratio of men and women has been achieved at the institute, preference will be given to women if applicants have similar qualifications. IMDEA Networks Institute actively promotes diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants are not to be discriminated against in personnel selection procedures on the grounds of gender, ethnicity, religion or ideology, age, sexual orientation (anti-discrimination). People with disabilities who have the relevant qualifications are expressly invited to apply.
This position was automatically closed on Europe/Madrid Time
- Remember to select the following option:
Professor: [Research Assistant Professor] 
- Deadline for receipt of applications: 10 January 2021, 23:59h UTC-12 (11 January 2021, 12:59h Europe/Madrid Time)